See anything missing at this table?
I wonder how many of these guys are on Viagra? Just asking!
As I said in yesterday’s post,
…Something has gone terribly wrong with a Constitutional Republic when Senators and Congressmen have the audacity to even discuss laws which would harness and control the bodies and lives of an entire gender which constitutes more than half the population–while referring to that gender as if they are chattel – without facing a massive protest so large that it brings traffic to a complete stop for an entire week.
Twenty years ago, even ten years ago, nobody would have dared try the demeaning and degrading shit I have seen oozing out of congress in the past four years, like a steaming pile of runny manure, heaped upon women.
I would also like to point out that these ongoing Congressional attacks on women without discussing any of it with women first, as well as the last video in this post, reminded me that I personally had an ovarian cyst decades ago, when I was rushed to the hospital in excrutiating pain. I know I don’t generally discuss personal things on this blog, but this is worthy of an exception. The cyst was the size of a lemon, and the birth control pill used to treat that cyst was covered by my insurance. None of it was my boss’s business. I was still a Catholic back then (I left long before the rush) and it wasn’t my priest’s business either….. And for SURE none of it was Congress’ business. But then we didn’t have religious crackpots and zealots running congress in those days. If ever the Good Old Days would be welcomed back, it is now. My body was my business. My contraception and sexuality was my business. What I ate was my business. Congress and Presidents focused on silly things like the economy and making sound laws that had actual benefits –and not on minding other people’s business, bedrooms or body parts. When I had my ovarian cyst, women would have NEVER taken the shit these freaks are trying to dole out to women today.
I’ll tell you one more thing: A few decades ago just about everybody I knew had health insurance, the traditional type BX BS 85/15 policy. It was not only affordable, but nobody worried and fretted about what was ‘covered’ and what wasn’t. People didn’t lose sleep at night wondering if they could get the right treatment or if a treatment would be rejected. Health issues were between a doctor and the patient. You went to the doctor, and then insurance paid 85%, leaving you with a very affordable 15% to pay. Practically no one went bankrupt because they were “under insured”. Nobody was rejected for a treatment. And health insurers were not for profit organizations sans stockholders. This is just to show you how far the USA has sunk since Health Insurance industry took over America with their contributions to the thieving pigs in Congress. Just saying.
Now back to our show in progress:
Apparently, Lord Issa hasn’t shared the rulez of his hearings with any of the other Congress members there, and he doesn’t seem willing to share them when asked either. Rep. Issa makes them up as he goes along, apparently. In any event, all of this is playing out exactly as I suspect Barack Obama planned for his re-election. I am shocked that the Republicans 1) fell for it and 2) are showing us by the minute what terrible women-bashing creatures they really are. They almost make Barack Obama look respectful to the untrained eye. But nevermind. Here’s a quote for you:
“Where are the women!!?”
Here’s the video to go with it.
Now I would like you to meet the woman Lord Issa refused to allow to testify at his War On Women hearing. Issa said she, “Lacked the proper credentials” to testify. Issa also thought a guy he referred to as a “Moral Philosopher” is qualified.
***Update: Lord Issa and his little penis is tweeting about how if you looked carefully you would see there were two women on his War On Women Panel. What he forgot to say is he ushered in two Stepfords who testified to exactly what he wanted. If I didn’t know better, I would say one of them looks just like America’s Best Christian, Betty Bowers. Apparently, these two nodders of agreement had the “credentials” he was seeking.
Filed under: Uncategorized |