Posted on September 13, 2016 by SophieCT
Taking a break to play a bit.
It turns out most of the women I admired were fictional TV characters. These are my top influencers.
Cagney and Lacey
There were many more but I figured I’d leave some for the rest of you. Who did you like?
Still an open thread.
Filed under: Uncategorized | 413 Comments »
Posted on September 7, 2016 by SophieCT
The Commander-In-Chief Forum is an event set up by NBC to get in on the presidential debate action. The premise is Who is better qualified to serve as America’s next Commander in Chief? Like we needed a media event to figure that out. Both candidates will “field questions on national security, military affairs and veterans issues.” It should be very informative since one candidate claimed he knew more about ISIS than the generals. The audience will be real live military veterans and active service members. I think heard that they will have a chance to ask questions.
The Forum is being held at at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in NYC, which is a ship (and is worth visiting even without any candidates). Matt Lauer is “moderating” which means he is hosting/asking questions.
The Forum begins at 8 EDT tonight on either NBC or MSNBC (and live streaming, check this VOX article for details).
Hillary is going first which means Trump can cheat by listening and learning except we already know Trump never listens and cannot learn. Of course, many people are saying that after she’s done, there’s no reason to keep watching…
PolitiFact will be live fact-checking. You can follow their Twitter feed at @PolitiFact.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton | 487 Comments »
Posted on September 3, 2016 by SophieCT
Per Uppity’s comment:
Here is a documentary that was suppressed by Donald Trump Via Law suits. It has been released in full. It is housed on public YouTube in 12 parts. It is mesmerizing and nauseating all in one fell swoop. I simply cannot believe this CON MAN and SERIAL LIAR is a candidate for President.
This is well-told and well-worth the watch.
This is the first part and will automatically roll into the subsequent videos.
Filed under: Uncategorized | 190 Comments »
Posted on August 25, 2016 by SophieCT
It was an excellent speech!
Filed under: Uncategorized | 405 Comments »
Posted on August 13, 2016 by SophieCT
On Twitter, #BlueWave2016 is about retaining the White House and taking back the Senate and as much of the House as we can get.
Here are some of the down-ticket races I’m following:
- Ann Kirkpatrick (@Ann_Kirkpatrick) (D-AZ) running for Senate against John McCain. John should have retired on his own already. His inability to stand up at all to Trump is disgusting. What a way to go out.
- Maggie Hassan (@Maggie_Hassan) (D-NH) running for Senate against Kelly Ayotte.
- Patrick Murphy (@PatrickMurphyFL) (D-FL) running for Senate against Marco Rubio. Let’s dispel with the fiction that Little Marco intends to do an honest day’s work in his life.
- Jim Gray (@GrayForKentucky) (D-KY) running for senate against Rand Paul. He probably doesn’t stand a chance, but Rand.
- Ryan Solen (@Ryan_Solen) (D-WI) running for House against Paul Ryan. Ryan is safe and I don’t get why. I figure if we go all BernieBro on him, at least we can scare the pompous ass.
UPDATE: “Iraq War veteran Ryan Solen describes himself as a moderate who seeks bipartisanship and breaks with conventional Democratic Party views on abortion and gun rights.” Shoot–might not be worth wasting time trying to unseat Lyin’ Ryan.
- Doug Applegate (@doug_applegate) (D-CA) running for House against Darrell Issa, the dick.
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz (@DWStweets) (D-FL) running for House against Tim Canova, Bernie’s boy. I’m not in love with DWS, but I do hate the way the Bros made a scapegoat out of her.
- Chris Fedalei (@VoteFedalei) (D-SC) running for House against Trey Gowdy. Gowdy’s safe but we should make him squirm.
I’m keeping my eye on HI-2 where Tulsi Gabbard is being primaried today by Shay Chan Hodges. No matter what the outcome, Tulsi is dead to me. I would consider supporting the R over her. UPDATE: Gabbard won the primary.
Eleven Senate seats are competitive this year: Nevada, Arizona, Missouri, Illinois (Tammy Duckworth), Wisconsin (Russ Feingold), Indiana (Evan Bayh), Ohio, Florida, North Carolina (Deborah Ross), Pennsylvania (Katie McGinty) and New Hampshire. We only need 5.
Please spend any spare time and money helping these folks so that Hillary doesn’t have to deal with a crappy Congress.
Which down-ticket races are you following?
Filed under: Uncategorized | 407 Comments »